1. Worked as a Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry, Gandhigram Rural Institute-Deemed University from November–2000 to 15th June-2004 and then as Lecturer in Chemistry in the School of Chemical and Biotechnology, Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy [SASTRA]-Deemed University, Thanjavur from 16th June-2004 to 18th May-2005 and having experience in engaging classes for both U.G. and P.G all branches of Chemistry for arts and engineering students.
2. Handled classes as resource person for M.Sc. Chemistry (correspondence course) of Annamalai University at Madurai Centre.
3. Joined VIT University on 23rd May-2005 as Senior Lecturer and presently working as Professor in Organic Chemistry Division, School of Sciences VIT University, Vellore.
Thesis: Studies in Nitrogen Heterocyclics-Synthesis, NMR, XRD and Stereochemical Investigations on Compounds Containing Piperidone Ring System.
Research Experience: Working in the field of Nitrogen heterocycles since 1996 and published more than 196 articles in various International journals (h-index 16 in Scopus; 16 in Google Scholar, i10-index is 38 in Google Scholar [pls refer kvpsvijayakumar]) Seven Ph.D, Two M. Phil scholars completed their degrees under my guidance and currently Six students are working for their Ph.D under my supervision. Apart from that, more than 50 M. Sc and M. Tech projects were completed so far. Currently we are focusing in the areas of
- Synthesis, studies and stereo chemical investigations on nitrogen heterocycles such as piperidinones, pyrazoles, bispidines, diazaadamantanes, quinolines, isoquinolines, coumarins, through NMR, X-ray diffraction studies.
- Synthesis of macromolecules, aza-crown ethers, cryptands, with nitrogen heterocyclic moities to mimic the biological actions.